Not everyone has the same interests and passions. Likewise not everyone will make a good affiliate. If you are promoting your product finding people who make good affiliates is crucial to success in internet marketing.
Knowing how to select and manage your affiliates is often the difference between a successful and mediocre campaign.
Here are some useful tips to get the best from your affiliates.
1. People often place a great emphasis on quantity. While it is nice to have a large number of affiliates, having quality rather than quantity is far more important and relevant. Three or four dedicated and experienced affiliates are more likely to make you more sales than 100 casual and inexperienced affiliates.
Knowing the difference between the two will be the key to having a successful product.
2. One of the best ways to select your affiliates is to screen them. If you already have a list you can send out emails looking for affiliates to promote your product. You can then screen interested applicants. Here are some questions you may like to ask.
What experience of affiliate marketing do you have? How do you intend to promote the product? What strategies do they intend to use? What personal interest do they have in the product? If these criteria are met to your satisfaction, you will know that you have high quality affiliates.
3. Once you have established that you have dedicated and enthusiastic affiliates on your books you need to give them the best chance of being successful. Train them. Give them all the steps and strategies needed to succeed.
Give them copies of emails that they can send out to potential prospects. Give them a guide on using adwords strategies. Another valuable thing you could provide is tutorials.
Camtasia is a brilliant tool for video capturing your desktop activity. Create your own videos on your Affiliate Marketing campaigns and give them to your affiliates to implement. There are even free versions of Camtasia available online. A hands-on approach to managing your affiliates delivers best results.
4. Offering bonus prizes to your top affiliates creates healthy competition. Offering prizes can be a great motivation for affiliates to do well. Earning a reward is also synonymous with being appreciated for your efforts. Choose a prize that is relevant to the theme of the product that you are promoting. Try and think of prizes that are not too common. Having a prize that your affiliates will truly appreciate is a great incentive for them to do well.
5. Create a leader-board. Similar to giving rewards, creating a leader-board fosters healthy competition. Nobody wishes to come in last. Having a top ten or top 20 leader-board is a great incentive for motivating affiliates. Everybody likes to be a winner and you can tap into that winning mentality.
These are just some of the ways to pick and manage your affiliates. It is very important that once you have selected good affiliates that you keep them motivated and show them how to promote your product. Everyone needs to be encouraged. Implement some of these strategies and you will be well on your way to being a successful internet marketer.